Ablr is on a mission to build honest financial products that enable and improve the lives of people. We provide ethical instalment plans through the hyper-personalized dynamic pricing of credit. Using deep learning and data sets captured through every transaction, our credit engine is able to assist and determine credit decisions which result in a significantly higher performance rate.
back-and founded in 2020, we are now operating in both Singapore and Malaysia, and are backed by one of the largest conglomerates in the region. We are certified members of the Singapore Fintech Association and the Fintech Association of Malaysia, and we are looking for awesome, talented individuals to join the team and help us deliver more value to our customers.
We are looking for a talented senior back-end developer (Python/Django) to join our development team working on building and maintaining our applications across Ablr’s various customer segments (Buyers, Merchants, and Resellers), along with integrations with our proprietary credit engine powering the platform.
The primary focus of this role will be the development of all server-side logic (including Python and Django), definition and maintenance of the central databases (PostgreSQL), designing and implementing well-structured and practical APIs, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness of the Heroku/AWS infrastructure. The ability to handle client-side application logic (React) is a plus!
You will be joining our agile team of talented developers and working closely with passionate product managers and stakeholders to bring innovative, high-quality solutions to better serve our customers on the Ablr platform.
• Participate in the infrastructure design, backend development, and unit testing of applications in accordance with established standards
• Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
• Participate and where necessary improve the deployment of releases
• Assist in integrations with external third-party APIs
• Design and implement client-facing APIs
• Prepare reports, manuals, and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software
• Work to ensure the continued reliability of all facets of the web application
• Facilitate the analysis and resolution of technical and application problems
• Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and on-budget
• Work with 3rd party agencies or providers that the company may engage to support the development, deployment, reliability, or security of the web and native applications
• Proficiency in Python, Django, Django REST Framework, Celery
• Experience in local development with Docker, Docker Compose
• Proficiency in Heroku/AWS is a strong plus
• Proficiency in the web-development frameworks employed by the internet application, server-side or client-side or both
• Knowledge and proficiency in infrastructure automation technology for deployment and delivery of the internet application
• Knowledge and proficiency in techniques and best practices for application and data security
• Competency or experience working with frontend React development is optional but strongly valued
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are of the view that experience and formal education, while beneficial, may not necessarily be the only indicators of a good candidate. The ability for our developers to demonstrate a keen ability to learn and a strong practicing knowledge and expertise of the technologies relevant to Ablr’s applications is more important.
Tertiary qualifications in relevant computer science, information technology, or engineering disciplines are helpful; If not, a demonstration of substantial industry experience to exemplify competency otherwise will suffice.
At Ablr, we run agile teams where we trust each team member to be self-organizing and self-driven.
We place a high value on people who:
• Are passionate about their work and are fun to work with
• Behave in a way that encourages cooperation, participation, timeliness, reliability, truthfulness, and integrity
• Constantly shows initiative in improving the processes, culture, and future of Ablr
• Takes pride and ownership in day-to-day work and the long-term mission of Ablr