Ablr is on a mission to build honest financial products that enable and improve the lives of people. We provide ethical instalment plans through the hyper-personalised dynamic pricing of credit. Using deep learning and data sets captured through every transaction, our credit engine is able to assist and determine credit decisions which result in a significantly higher performance rate.
Founded in 2020, we are now operating in both Singapore and Malaysia, and are backed by one of the largest conglomerates in the region. We are certified members of the Singapore Fintech Association and the Fintech Association of Malaysia, and we are looking for awesome, talented individuals to join the team and help us deliver more value to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced front-end developer that will be responsible for building our user-facing applications for both web and mobile. The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing functional and appealing products that will improve the lives of people through responsible credit. Having an open mindset, an affinity for testing and experimenting, and knowledge of Agile frameworks will be a key contributor to success in this role.
You will be joining our growing team of talented engineers, designers and business developers, and working closely with our customers, partners and stakeholders to bring innovative, high-quality solutions to better serve our customers on the Ablr platform.
• Develop front-end features for Ablr products for both web and mobile
• Create reusable components and libraries for future use
• Work with a tech lead, other developers, and other various stakeholders to translate product requirements and wireframes into high-level code
• Optimise components to be responsive and for maximum performance across various web-capable devices and browsers
• Write unit tests to ensure the stability of the product
• Quickly respond to critical issues, roadblocks and shifting priorities
• Experience with mobile application development using React Native
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs
• Knowledge of modern authorisation mechanisms, such as JSON WebToken
• Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and deployment
• Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Have a strong understanding of UI/UX concepts
• Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
• Able to work well in a team and communicate well with others
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are of the view that experience and formal education, while beneficial, may not necessarily be the only indicators of a good candidate. The ability for our developers to demonstrate a keen ability to learn and a strong practicing knowledge and expertise of the technologies relevant to Ablr’s applications is more important.
Tertiary qualifications in relevant computer science, information technology or engineering disciplines are helpful; If not, a demonstration of substantial industry experience to exemplify competency otherwise will suffice.
At Ablr, we run agile teams where we trust each team member to be self-organising and self-driven.
We place a high value on people who:
• Are passionate about their work and are fun to work with
• Behave in a way that encourages cooperation, participation, timeliness, reliability, truthfulness and integrity
• Constantly shows initiative in improving the processes, culture and future of Ablr
• Takes pride and ownership in day-to-day work and the long-term mission of Ablr