Ablr is on a mission to build honest financial products that enable and improve the lives of people. We provide ethical instalment plans through the hyper-personalised dynamic pricing of credit. Using deep learning and data sets captured through every transaction, our credit engine is able to assist and determine credit decisions which result in a significantly higher performance rate.
Founded in 2020, we are now operating in both Singapore and Malaysia, and are backed by one of the largest conglomerates in the region. We are certified members of the Singapore Fintech Association and the Fintech Association of Malaysia, and we are looking for awesome, talented individuals to join the team and help us deliver more value to our customers.
We are looking for a talented React Native developer to join our development team working on building and maintaining our applications across Ablr’s various customer segments (Buyers, Merchants and Resellers), along with integrations with our proprietary credit engine powering the platform.
The primary focus of this role will be development of the Ablr react native mobile application frontend and client-side application logic (React native). We have an existing react web application, and are looking for a talented react native developer to continue working with our tech lead in getting our mobile apps to market ahead of our product roadmap timelines. Knowledge of REST APIs and the ability to get data from the backend to manipulate on the front end is a useful requirement.
You will be joining our agile team of talented developers and working closely with passionate product managers and stakeholders to bring innovative, high-quality solutions to better serve our customers on the Ablr platform.
• Own the success of Ablr’s iOS and Android native apps (React Native)
• Lead the implementation of our native app development in accordance with our mobile designs, together with our product and engineering team
• Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
• Assist in integrations with internal application APIs
• Work to ensure the continued reliability of all facets of our native applications
• Facilitate the analysis and resolution of technical and application problems
• Work with 3rd party agencies or providers that the company may engage to support the development, deployment, reliability or security of the web and native applications
• Competency in React native mobile app development is expected
• Experience in local development with Docker, Docker Compose
• Proficiency in using Figma for dealing with components, designs, etc
• Proficiency in Heroku/AWS is a strong plus
• Proficiency in the web-development frameworks employed by the internet application, server-side or client-side or both
• Knowledge of Python, Django, Django REST Framework, Celery could be helpful, but not a requirement
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are of the view that experience and formal education, while beneficial, may not necessarily be the only indicators of a good candidate. The ability for our developers to demonstrate a keen ability to learn and a strong practicing knowledge and expertise of the technologies relevant to Ablr’s applications is more important.
Tertiary qualifications in relevant computer science, information technology or engineering disciplines are helpful; If not, a demonstration of substantial industry experience to exemplify competency otherwise will suffice.
At Ablr, we run agile teams where we trust each team member to be self-organising and self-driven.
We place a high value on people who:
• Are passionate about their work and are fun to work with
• Behave in a way that encourages cooperation, participation, timeliness, reliability, truthfulness and integrity
• Constantly shows initiative in improving the processes, culture and future of Ablr
• Takes pride and ownership in day-to-day work and the long-term mission of Ablr